LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!

Families,

This is my last blog post of the 2017-2018 school year! WOW! Thank you for checking this weekly to see what we are up to and how you can best support your child. I also wanted to use this as an opportunity to tell you what an honor it has been to work with you as your child’s 1st grade teacher. These kids are so special to me and while it makes me sad to see them go, they are SO ready for 2nd grade! Thank you for everything you have done for your child this year. From packing lunches to listening to them read their baggie books, you have helped to make your child’s year a success!

Because next week will look different, I have made a list of some highlights of what we will be up to next week.

Monday: Field Trip to John Ball Zoo

Tuesday: Reading, summer writing prompts, word work, surprise craft, summer word search, math games

Wednesday: 1st grade memory book, reading, summer bingo *Summer packet will be coming home for you to complete during the summer with your child!*

Thursday: 2nd graders in training day (we will wear a special badge that says “2nd grader in training” and we will practice acting and learning like 2nd graders all day), school memories packet, classroom cleaning/organizing

Friday: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! Alward Olympics and an Early Release Day!

Have a wonderful summer! I hope to see some of you next year!

Miss Reisdorff