WEEK OF 4/17/17

Families,

I apologize for not having a blog post for this past week–the chaos leading up to spring break caught up to me and I had a difficult return back due to some delayed flights! I enjoyed hearing all about your child’s vacation or staycation and trust you enjoyed the break just as much. Here is a look at what is ahead (already the middle of April…what?!):

Reminders/Dates:

• Today, Friday, April 14th, is an Early Release Day. School will dismiss at 12:15.
  • Monday, April 24th the PE Apparel Order Forms are due.
  • Friday, April 28th is Alward Spirit/Popcorn Friday!
  • Friday, April 28th Scholastic Book Orders are due.

Reading: We have been reading books that are all the same TOPIC (this means they can be different reading levels and genres). We will look at making connections between fiction and non-fiction books, understanding new information by making connections, and comparing and contrasting our books.

Writing: We are still working on our informational writing and writing about an animal we know a lot about. This week we will be writing one completely on our own!

Math: We are working on telling time to the hour and half hour, exploring properties of shapes (squares, rectangles, circles, and triangles), and fractions/equal parts.

Science: We are continuing our weather station and learning about different types of weather. We will learn more about thermometers, cloud cover, what falls from the sky, and have a weather rotation on Friday!

Have a GREAT weekend! For those of you celebrating Easter, enjoy your time with family and friends.

Miss Reisdorff